The second one definitely kicks off the tradition and season of great ultramarathons.
Just on its second edition this year, the Cardimax – Clark Ultramarathon has earned for itself the accolade of being a premier ultramarathon event in the country, slated on the 3rd and 4th of September, 2016 at the Clark Freeport Zone.
The partnership between Cardimax L-Carnitine and the Clark Ultramarathon team is a synergy of purpose; finally a product that promotes and supports the goals of runners competing in endurance events. Cardimax L-Carnitine is a supplement that is ideal for endurance athletes; it helps in mental improvement and physical performance. It also reduces lactic acid accumulation and aids fast recovery.
This year’s theme being Harness Your Own Energy, the message to ultramarathoners is LOUD and CLEAR:
Go Longer. It is an ideal race for the aspiring and newbies to go beyond a marathon distance (entry level distance 50K) or do their first century ultra-distance. It is no wonder why long-distance athletes consider the race as an avenue to test and even improve their endurance levels, while enjoying the tough but scenic course.
Go Faster. The race is set to attract top marathoners and ultramarathoners in a challenge to break their PRs and compete with the creme-dela-creme. The race will reward top performances in individual and team categories.
Go Together. More than a race; this is a journey designed to inspire each other in the sport. This offers an 18-week Training Calendar and a race day event where runners can learn from each other and from coaches, fitness professionals and other partners. Together, our runners will “dig deep” and explore the innate, possibly dormant, strength inside of them. Everyone will experience the special camaraderie and friendship among competitors, volunteers, race officials and spectators.
Training activities commence on May 1, 2016. Prior to this, runners should have passed the strict qualification requirements for the race.
Upon registration, participants are provided an 18-week recommended training program in preparation for the race. These activities will be spearheaded by the organizing team, volunteer running teams, seasoned ultramarathoners, partners and sponsors.
Runners’ Bootcamp – Saturday, May 14 at the Conrad’s Cafe
- Cardimax-Clark Ultramarathon Introduction: Jon Lacanlale, Race Director
- Recovery 101: Francis Diano, PT, MCMT, Pace Prehab & Recovery
- Endurance Nutrition: Cardimax Philippines Representative
- Training and Running Emergencies: Doc Cecille Mendoza, Team Rescue 8
- Ask the Experts: Q&A with top and veteran ultramarathoners
- Free Yoga Session: Led By JC Ty, Urban Ashram
Group Long Run Schedule:
- May 14 – Team Matindi, Greenhills Area (Rye Daza and Jerome Bautista, Lead)
- May 28 – Ayala Triads, Makati Area (Gia Estrella, Lead)
- June 12 – Team Powepuff Boys, BGC Area (Alfred delos Reyes, Lead)
- June 18 – Pinoy Aspiring Runners, Ortigas Area (Silamie Apolistar, Lead)
- July 12 – Monumentum Milers, (Daphne Codilla, Lead)
- July 24 – Team Soleus, McKinley Area (Coach Roel Ano, Lead)
- August 7 – Team Clark and Tukod, Clark Freeport Zone (Doodsie Mallari, Lead)
- August 28 – Team Pukers, Filinvest Area (Wilnar Iglesia, Lead)
Race Briefing and Racing Tips 101
- Saturday, August 27 (More details to be announced)
- September 3 at 10am, Clark Freeport Zone
The event consists of 100 Kilometer Championship and 50 Kilometer Challenge categories. It also includes a 4-Men and 2-Men Relays for the 100K and 50K, respectively.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS:
L-Carnitine has been recognized as a weight loss supplement, but it is more important than that. It helps our body function the way it should. It is necessary to transport fat into the mitochondria of the cells to produce energy. Whether it is energy for a sport or our simple daily activities, energy for a sick or recovering patient, energy for the elderly, Cardimax helps create it naturally and efficiently. Cardimax – Harness your own energy!
The Race is organized by Race Yaya as Event Manager with Attorney Jonnifer Lacanlale as race director. Race Yaya is a team of seasoned runners who are professionals in the fields of marketing, finance, event management, information technology, race organization, among others. They have organized and managed several major endurance events.
Simple Hydration Bottle provides each runner with special discounted price which will allow them to #RUNSIMPLE during their training runs and at the race itself. Simple Hydration bottle is a 16oz hook-shaped bottle, which you can tuck anywhere. It is so SIMPLE! Order at www.runsimpleph.com
PACE PREHAB & RECOVERY
PACE is a world class sports medicine clinic. It advocates being proactive with conditioning, training, and biomechanics; assessing each individual athlete’s physical condition and taking steps to prevent injury and improve performance. PACE Prehab & Recovery is located on the 16th Floor MDI Corporate Center, 10th Avenue cor. 39th Street, Bonifacio Global City. Call for more info at +639156783600 or visit their website paceprehabandrecovery.com.
Urban Ashram supports Endurance Athletes through its program Flexibility Not Required (FNR); an ideal core strengthening that helps athletes endure the demands of running long distances. Participants will be exposed to free yoga sessions, which they can use in any Urban Ashram Yoga Studio. A brief lecture and yoga session will be held on May 7.
SOLEUS WATCH AND L-TIME STUDIO
Soleus is an experienced product team focused on creating innovative timing devices, including watches. The “push-one-and-run” feature GPS paired with the sleek casing and styling has made this GPS our indispensable/go-to everyday watch as well. So the reviews are in—GPS One. It delivers everything you need. Soleus is available at all L-Time Studio Branches
Clark Development Corporation
The CLARK FREEPORT ZONE is the venue of the Clark Ultramarathon, a modern industrial estate and premier service and logistics hub, with facilities for training, conferences, tourism and leisure in the Philippines
The Villages at Global Clark is located about two kilometers away from the start/finish line. It shall offer premium lodging facility at a special rate for the participants. The Villas are good for 4-6 persons and is made to fit a sporty lifestyle.
Royce Hotel and Casino
Royce Hotel and Casino is located along M.A. Roxas Highway, a few hundred meters away from the start/finish line. Participants will be entitled to 30% discount on its published rates
Second Wind Running Store
Second Wind is one of the oldest running specialty store in the Philippines. It shall accommodate participants who prefer to pay in-store. All registered runners can shop at 10-15% off their regular priced items.
Conrad’s Café is located at Pasadena Garden Square, Pasadena Street, San Juan City. It will be the host to the Runners’ Bootcamp
Training and Racing Gear Partners:
Chamois Butt’r – Runners will receive free sample on race day to avoid chafing and blisters
Viva Athletic Philippines – 15% off on purchases
Eyecatcher – Special/Discounted price for participants (see attached)
Oakley Products – P1,000 off at Maximus Athletes Shop Café
Team Rescue 8
Safety and Medical Support
Endurance Magazine, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Wheninmanila.com, Pinoyfitness.com, Spin.ph
Step 1: Go to https://www.raceyaya.com , create an account and follow the registration procedures in the website. Note: This account is perpetual, you can use it for future registration in other races with ease. For those who are unable to register online, another person can register in your behalf.
|DISTANCE||100 K CHAMPIONSHIP||50K CHALLENGE||100K RELAY
(4 Man Team)
(2 Man Team)
Early Bird (April 15 or when slots are filled up)
Please ensure that you have read the (a) Race Details: Description, Qualifications, Restrictions and (b) Race Rules and Regulations.
Step 2: Runners have the option to pay online, via bank deposit or at the Second Wind Running Store. Runners who have paid online will automatically get their slots reserved. Non-online payment should be made ideally within 48 hours from registration, otherwise, slots will be re-opened to other runners. Registration will only be confirmed after payment.
Any runner found to be in violation of the race restrictions, qualifications and requirements after registration and/or payment will result to disqualification, race exclusion and forfeiture of their registration fee.
Conditions for Registration:
By registering, I agree to the following:
- I have read and understood the regulations of the race.
- I understand that the enrolment fee is non-refundable.
- I understand that I can only transfer my registration until August 1, 2016 subject to payment of P500 processing fee.
- I understand and agree to the conditions of participation as stated in the regulations.
- I have completed at least a minimum of one 42K race within the year as indicated in my Qualifying Race. I understand that my registration may be forfeited in the absence of this. I understand that I should inform organizers of updated qualifying race should it be held after my registration.
- I am aware of the physical and mental preparation for this race and have/will train properly.
- I respect and promote the ethics of the race and will due courtesy and respect to fellow participants, race staff, marshals and volunteers.
- I will help and support other runners in case of emergency during the race.
- I am aware of any medical condition which could concern me and, consequently relieve the organization of any responsibility for any medical problem which may arise during the event due to any negligence on my part.
- I understand that in the case of a false declaration of qualifying races and medical condition, not conforming or untrue; the organization reserves the right to cancel my registration without refunding the registration fee.
The Cardimax-Clark Ultramarathon is a tough but memorable race. It will bring out the BEST ULTRAMARATHONERIN YOU!