Nothing could be more timely than a challenge to one’s fitness. And no one can bring in the challenge better than the leading health maintenance organization, Medicard Philippines , who breathes life into sports events that espouse a healthy lifestyle.
If you've been there and done that, your summer has just become more exciting as Medicard tackles its first ever competitive obstacle course. As excitedly declared no less by Medicard's President, Dr Nicky Montoya, "fitness can be achieved when one pushes his limits and achieves the goal."
But it was Kate Cruz-Joaquin , Medicard’s Marketing Manager who further detailed that this obstacle event gets a grip on almost all aspects of fitness, whether it’s cardio-pulmonary, strength, agility, dexterity, and even endurance.presented during the media launch 030720 at the Medicard Lifestyle Center, Makati.
The Medicard Supremo Obstacle Challenge is an aggregate of logistics and activities lined up in the making of an unforgettable experience:
- Registration Fee of P1500 (inclusive of event shirt, gym bag and headband)
- Conditioning programs (training classes) starts April, to make sure you will be performing at your best!
- Special, top-secret training for shortlisted qualifiers at the Pretty Hug Obstacles at the SM Aura. Taguig City.
- Be one of the 36 qualifiers for the showdown (culminating activity) on May 31 at the Glorietta Activity Center.
Categories and Registration
- Sign up via online registration.
2. Pay via bank deposit to Account Name: Medicard Philippines Inc. using any RCBC branch (Account No. 1279940454), any BDO branch (Account No. 001388015346) or any UnionBank branch (Account No. 001240014688). Please don’t forget to send a copy of your transaction record to firstname.lastname@example.org for validation.
3. Groups of 10 get a whooping 33% discount and each participant of the group pays only P1000. That’s P5000 worth of savings for the team which they can allocate for the post-event celebration.
Training and Conditioning
The short, but intense, training program is designed to build overall strength and stamina. For the beginner, the workouts may be basic but explosive, enabling couch potato to gain baseline fitness immediately. However, conditioning for advanced players will surely up the ante with a host of the country’s leading fitness gurus, such as Andrea Arcega (former head coach of Spartan Race Philippines), Mark Lamson (one of the elite athletes around), Cilyn Abella (a four-year coach at the Complete Fitness, Ortigas), Nolan Collado (a noted physical therapist) and CrossFit coaches Ramond Manual and Vlad Salum.
Upon registration you may choose your two-week conditioning program, to be held every MWF at 6-8pm, based on the following schedules and venue:
- Eton Centris – to be announced soon
- Festival Mall – April 20 to May 1
- Ayala Triangle – May 4 to 15
The 2-week conditioning module is mandatory, after which, the CrossFit-affiliated team of coaches will ask the participant to do 2 workouts, to determine whether the participant qualifies for either BEGINNER or ADVANCED categories.
Finale on May 31: 10 OBSTACLES!
All 10 workouts will be required from both beginner and advanced qualifier; only the level of difficulty by reps or attempts will make the advanced level more challenging.
Big Prizes are Up for Grabs!
The finale, by the end of May 2020, will yield 36 qualifiers (i.e, top 3 winners, male and female, from both beginner and advanced categories), who will vie for the GRAND PRIZES, as follows:
1st PLACE : P 25,000 cash
2nd PLACE: P 15,000 cash
3rd PLACE: P 10,000 cashWinners will also get sports shoes from Saucony!
The filtered circle will do the 10 workouts and one chance to do their best times. Top 4 will vie for the medal round.